- By using carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of metoyou.com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com.
- CBG may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by CBG. Your continued use of carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com content requires the prior written permission of CBG.
- You agree to use carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com.
- carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to CBG, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- CBG will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising from or in connection with the use of carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com.
- CBG does not warrant that functions contained in carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The names, images and logos identifying CBG, Me to You, third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of CBG and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of CBG, or any other third party.
- Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com, you:
- warrant that your contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to CBG for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory;
- does not infringe any law;
- indemnify CBG against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by CBG as a result of your breach of the above warranty;
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com and the purposes specified above.
- warrant that your contribution:
- If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Access to and use of this site (’www.carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com’) is provided by Carte Blanche Greetings Ltd (CBG) subject to the following terms:
Use of carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com
All content submitted by users to the website is subject to moderation. Please note that any material published by our users in the message board and story area does not reflect the views of Carte Blanche Greetings.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Contributions to carteblanchegreetings.com/metoyou.com
18th Anniversary Competition
1.1 These terms and conditions (the “Conditions") apply to the “18th Anniversary Party” competition (the “Competition") conducted and promoted by Carte Blanche Greetings Limited of Unit 3 Chichester Business Park, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 2FT ("CBG") and featured on the http://www.metoyou.com web site and any other web site (the “Site") owned and operated by CBG.
1.2 The legal agreement between you and CBG is governed by these Conditions.
1.3 By submitting an entry to the Competition, you accept these Conditions
1.4 If you are in any doubt as to the meaning of these Conditions, please ask a parent or legal guardian to explain them and ensure that they consent to you entering the Competition. If you are under 13 years of age you are not eligible to enter the Competition and a parent or legal guardian will have to enter it for you.
1.6 CBG further reserves the right to cancel or alter the Competition at any time and without prior notice.
1.7 CBG recommends that you print a copy of these Conditions for future reference.
2.1 The Competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged 13 and over.
2.2 Entry to the Competition is not open to employees of CBG or their immediate families. CBG reserves the right to withdraw entries from such persons without recourse and without giving notice to such persons.
2.3 Entry to the Competition is by the submission of a short description (the “Story"), no more than 100 words, on your dream Party on the form provided by CBG to the Site. The Competition is open only between mid-day on 25th November 2013 and mid-day on 9th December 2013. Any entries received before or after this period will not be accepted by CBG and you may not be notified if the Story you submit is not accepted.
2.4 There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries must be made individually and no group entries will be accepted. No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
2.5 If you do not accept these Conditions you should not enter the Competition.
2.6 By agreeing to these Conditions and entering the Competition, you warrant that any and all information submitted is true, accurate and complete in all material respects.
2.8 A Story that represents CBG in a negative or harmful manner that could damage CBG’s reputation or is in any way inconsistent with any brand owned and operated by CBG will not be accepted.
2.9 CBG accepts no responsibility for any Stories which are lost, delayed, damaged, not received or incompletely received for whatever reason.
3.1 You represent and warrant to CBG that, if you are under 18 years of age, you have obtained permission from your parent or legal guardian prior to entering the Competition, such consent acknowledging the nature of the Competition and prize as described in these Conditions.
4. Copyright & Third Party Rights
4.1 All entries become the absolute property of CBG and will not be returned. You irrevocably assign to CBG, with full title guarantee, the full copyright and all other rights and interests of whatsoever kind or nature to which you may now be or may hereafter become entitled in relation to the Party throughout the world and in all languages during the full period of copyright and all possible renewals, revivals, reversions and extensions of copyright and thereafter (insofar as may be or become possible) in perpetuity.
4.2 You agree that you will, at CBG’s request and expense, do all such further things and execute all such further documents as CBG may from time to time require for the purpose of confirming CBG’s title to the rights granted and assigned under these Conditions. If you fail to do so, you hereby appoint CBG to be your attorney to execute and do any such instrument or thing, and generally to use his name, for the purpose of giving CBG the benefit of these Conditions.
4.3 You represent and warrant to CBG that the Party is entirely your original work and that you are fully entitled to submit the Party as an entry to the Competition and to assign the copyright to CBG as set out in condition 4.1 above. You further represent and warrant that you will not upload as an entry to the Competition any Party which is not your original work. Entrants shall compensate CBG against all claims, costs and losses arising from: (i) any allegation or claim that the Party has caused damage to a third party; or (ii) any allegation or claim that the Party infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
4.4 You hereby waive unconditionally, irrevocably and in perpetuity, in favour of CBG all your moral rights in the Party and all rights of a similar nature whether now existing or hereafter conferred under the laws of any jurisdiction.
4.5 You warrant and represent that your entry does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, adware, spyware or similar harmful material.
5. The Prize
5.1 An independent judge will assess each of the entries and shall select a winner based on which Party, in the judge’s opinion, is the most creative (“Winning Party”). The entrant of the Winning Story (“Winner”) shall win the prize as set out in clause 5.2.
5.2 The Winner will receive one thousand pounds (£1,000) in cash.
5.3 If the Winner is under the age of 18, they must provide a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature as evidence of having consented to the Winner taking part in the Competition and receiving a prize.
5.4 The Winner shall be notified of their selection as soon as reasonably practicable following the judge’s decision. If the Winner does not respond within 24 hours of first being contacted by CBG they shall forfeit their right to receive the prize and CBG shall award the prize to the first Runner Up. If a Runner Up does not respond within 14 days of first being contacted by CBG they shall forfeit their right to receive the prize and CBG shall require the judge to select another runner up. In addition, if CBG has or discovers reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened these conditions CBG reserves the right to request that the judge select an alternate winner.
5.6 In the event of a dispute regarding any matter in connection with the Competition, the Conditions or the prize, the decision of CBG shall be final and CBG shall not enter into any correspondence or discussion regarding such a dispute.
5.7 CBG does not accept any liability or responsibility for any loss, injury or disappointment suffered by you entering the Competition or as a result of a Winner or Runner Up accepting a Prize. Nothing shall exclude CBG’s liability for fraud or for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
5.8 Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible because of reasons beyond the control of CBG and accordingly CBG may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to CBG as a result thereof.
5.9 Details of the Winner and Runners Up can be obtained by sending a SAE to the Promoter’s address by 8th January 2014.
6.1 You confirm to CBG that your Party submission to the Competition does not contain material which could be considered offensive or illegal.
6.2 You agree that the Party will not contain any material which is libellous, defamatory, harassing or threatening.
6.3 CBG reserves the right, but shall not be obliged, to monitor, screen, edit or remove all entries which do not comply with the Conditions.
7. Data Privacy
7.1 CBG would like to keep entrants informed of products and services available from CBG by email. However, if you specifically do not want to be contacted please email CBG at .
7.2 CBG will not pass your email address to third parties for marketing purposes, but CBG may from time to time make your name, postal address and/or telephone number available to carefully screened companies whose products we believe may be of interest to you. However, if you specifically do not want your details passed to third parties please email CBG at .
7.3 All personal data relating to the Competition entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and, where appropriate, in accordance with any rule, regulation or guideline which may from time to time be imposed or recommended by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Governing Law
8.1 These Conditions, and any claims or disputes, whether contractual or non-contractual, arising out of or in connection with their subject matter, shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8.2 If any provision of these Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
8.3 CBG recommends that you print a copy of these Conditions for future reference.
Carte Blanche Greetings Limited
Carte Blanche Greetings Ltd © 2008-2009
PO Box 500